The Chinese have taught artificial intelligence to recognize phrases by lip movement. In the meantime, Russia has created a system that checks whether doctors prescribe treatment correctly. Read more in our traditional weekly digest.

AI will control Russian doctors

The developers of the mobile clinic Doc+ have created a system based on artificial intelligence, which controls whether doctors prescribe the treatment correctly. The solution was implemented in the network of medical centers ‘Doctor is here’. Automatic check of medical records and appointments can be also used by other clinics.

The joint work on the Doc+ and ‘Doctor is here’ project began in the summer: artificial intelligence was taught using the examples of several thousand medical protocols. Then, the Doc+ developers created an API for the system integration, and since October it has been working in the ‘Doctor is here’ network. AI monitors 100% of the patient records and checks the adequacy of the prescribed treatment.

AI determined sex of more than 3 million people by voice

Calltouch voice recognition system works with 90% accuracy. Such data was provided by its developers – a same-named company of end-to-end analytics and advertising management. For three months, artificial intelligence determined the gender of callers in Calltouch by voice, ‘after listening’ to 3.25 million people.

The company states that when analyzing the results, classification algorithms based on machine learning methods were used. In 90% of cases, the system determined the sex accurately, the remaining 10% were unanswered calls. Thus, Calltouch will be able to automatically track the indicator, important for advertising analytics.

AI system finds people in video according to the description

Indian developers have created artificial intelligence, which can find a person on video using the following parameters: height, sex and color of clothes. The system was developed on the basis of computer vision technology and a convolutional neural network.

The algorithm works as a search engine in the video, for example, recordings from a surveillance camera. Its accuracy is 60%. In the future, developers want to improve the AI system to help in tracking missing people using recordings from surveillance cameras.

Offline speech recognition system works with 97% accuracy

Researchers of the University of Waterloo and DarwinAI startup have created EdgeSpeechNets technology that recognizes speech without access to the Internet. Usually, such systems use databases that need to be connected over the network, but modern algorithms can do without it. In this case, the developers have applied the strategy of creating an architecture with a low level of load on the device.

The algorithm was developed on the basis of a prototype that recognized speech by keywords and formed an array of data. The data were transformed into a formula, and the formula was used to design the EdgeSpeechNet-D neural network. Even on a weak Motorola Moto E smartphone, the system was 97% accurate.

The Chinese have created AI that reads lips

Developers from Tsinghua University have taught artificial intelligence to recognize speech by lip movements. This technology will be used to operate the silent assistant program. The Lip-Interact system reads lip movements by monitoring 20 control points. The program works with an accuracy of 95.5% now. The application will be useful for deaf and dumb people and those who do not like to attract too much attention to themselves.


Read more news